Sump Pump Service and Repair
Servicing Your Basement Waterproofing System
Don’t wait until it’s too late. A sump pump is your best defense against flooding. Because you never know when a sump pump may fail, it pays to have it checked regularly.
Bay Area Moisture Control, Inc. annual service includes:
- Test & Clean Your Sump Pump System: Your sump pump consists of many moving parts that can wear down or need replacement. Your service technician will begin by checking your sump pump’s float switch and intake for any possible problems. After this, the intake valve and impeller will be cleaned and checked to make sure they are functioning properly.
Once the service technician finds that the pump is working correctly, the sump pump liner will be cleaned of any sediment or silt that may be present. This important step will keep it from building in the future and potentially clogging check valves, etc.
- Test & Replace Batteries: The battery in your WaterWatch Sump Pump Alarm should be replaced once a year, and the service technician will take care of this during the visit. Additionally, the battery for your backup sump pump will be tested to make sure it’s holding a proper charge.
- Check the Discharge Line: We will check the discharge line to ensure that water is freely moving through the discharge line. We also check for the potential for freezing.
- Maintain Your Crawl Space Liner: If you’ve repaired and sealed your crawlspace, we will check the CleanSpace liner and any other components installed in your crawl space.
- Check For Problems & Suggest Upgrades: Often, our service technician will see signs of newly emerging problems that may not have existed before and they can suggest and/or implement solutions that will address these issues proactively. We’re always expanding our product line to help keep your basement or crawl space dry!